Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards. -Bear Bryant

I will soon be a resident of Sterling Crimson.
17th Street Tuscaloosa, Al
I love it there. It already feels like home. It's brand new, so no one has been in my apartment until me!
YAY!

I am living with Matthew Beck- and boy is he a brave man.
He's been warned though-I get grouchy when I don't sleep much...I am not a morning person...and I pretty much like things my way. He'll realize all this sooner or later :)

Signing our leases :) :)

Now, as far as "decorating"- this is my favorite part! I can't wait to get everything in there and make it all my own. As far as Matthew's room goes-it's going to be ALL boy! Alabama room, that is. (I mean, we ARE going to be in Tuscaloosa)

Our living room is, well...tiny. But we don't need a huge space anyway, and to me it will feel cozy. We have ordered a couch and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

It's from Rooms-To-Go. My mom and I found it one day when we were out shopping about 2 months ago. We fell in love with it and just ordered it right on the spot. Kinda crazy, considering we had no idea if it was even going to FIT in the living room!! (We've measured since then and it will fit) I've gotta find some houndstooth pillows, and I wish I could find a houndstooth chair to go in the living room too. We do need a chair, and I guess I shouldn't be picky but I LOVE houndstooth!

Also for the living room we still need an area rug and a tall lamp to go beside the couch. Well, we dont "need" either one of those- but they're definitely "wants"!
The apartment comes with a flat screen TV in the living room btw. One less thing we have to buy and haul down there!

Our balcony is parallel to Bryant Denny so we need 2 chairs and maybe a table to go out there. We can see most of Sterling's property and the street too. We're on the top floor so we have a good view of pretty much everything. :)

Our kitchen is cute too! We have hardwood floors, black appliances, and the cabinets are beautiful!

This is the model unit I took pictures of-but see how pretty the wood is??

OHHHH YEAH! Almost forgot!
One of my favorite parts about Sterling.....

The SUNDOME tanning bedddddd :)
_______________________________

Now, for my room.
I have very little wall space. Literally. My room is on the corner of the top floor, so I have two big windows, one on each wall.

All I wanted on my windows were valences, but being in there and seeing how bright it is, I am definitely going to need floor length window coverings with those black out linings so it won't be so bright. I'm thinking plain black...

I have a bed as of right now, but the more I think about it the more I want just a black bed frame. I want to try and utilize as much of the space as I can, and my bed I have right now is a little larger than I need. So who knows about the bed..BUT I have my comforter and all that good stuff and I loveeee it! I've gotten into zebra print the last year or two..and I found this at Belk and LOVE it!

It's reversible!!

For my bathroom, I'm either going to have a plain black shower curtain or take the zebra striped one from my house right now and use it. Can't decide.
I have a rug to go in my bathroom and it's super cute. Mom and I found it at Ross a long time ago and bought it pretty cheap.

Notice a theme yet?
_________________________________________

We've bought some other odds and ends too, like.....

YARD SALE^



YARD SALE^


This came from Ross too!

I painted this a long time ago, and it'll match everything perfectly!



I already have a 4 foot black Christmas tree to put up, too! I have silver and black ornaments also. Nothing wrong with being ahead, right? :)

That's all I have right now, a few other little things but none worth blogging about.



R O L L T I D E,

katejillian






No comments:

Post a Comment