Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Never a dull moment 'round here.

Back online! :)

What a CrAzY week!

Maybe things are slowly starting to go back to normal. Luckily for me, "normal" is a possibility. I know there are so many people who have had their homes destroyed and loved ones lost, so I am very grateful and blessed to have my home and my family still here.

First, Easter. What an awesome day. The day Jesus rose from the grave. It blows my mind that something like that is possible, but there is no doubt in my mind that it did. Easter Sunday this year was a little different. I didn't get to go to preaching because it was our turn to stay in the nursery. Also, my dad wasn't at church that morning because my mawmaw is in the hospital. But nonetheless, Easter is Easter, and I got to wear a new dress ;)


Next, the tornado thing. Wow. I guess my family and I are just naive because we had no idea it was storming that badly. After the first round of storms Wednesday morning we went out and about in Douglas and my papa's chicken houses were beat up, and one house was completely flattened. It's amazing how wind can do so much damage. It could have been worse, much worse, so I am thankful for everything we still have.


Back to my mawmaw - Bless her heart. She doesn't know how to function without working in a garden or..well, doing any work. She is 82 years old (her birthday was yesterday) and she's never quit kickin' it. She is in ICU at Brookwood and not doing so well. She's on oxygen and it wears her out to eat or talk, but one day when we were there she proved her coolness. :) She was laying in bed, hooked up to machines and bout whooped, and she asked about the Braves. True fan, yep.


Being out of school for a week has messed my mind up. (Yes, it was probably already messed up, but this made it worse.) I can't seem to get back into school mode. With finals coming up, that isn't a good thing. Every college in Alabama is leaving finals optional. Is Snead? NOPE! :( Maybe they'll change their mind...
Either way- SSCC graduation is May 12 and I will be D O N E. The past 2 years have flown by, and I made some great memories and some even greater friends!

Then there's Ty. This week was crazy enough, not to mention he was on the other side of the country for over a week. Talk about worrier overload. He was in California for NINE days. NINE. N I N E. That doesn't seem like that many I guess. Believe me-longest 9 days ever. The longest we've gone without seeing each other has been 4 days. Or was it 3? Can't remember. Anywho- he's somethin else. He can make me laugh so easily without even trying. I always seem to be in a good mood with him.
But- I think we could be bad for each other. He's slowly losing his mind. Bless him. He is starting to forget things... He seems to act and think differently than he used to and I'm not sure if he can figure out why. Just in the past few weeks he has said "yes ma'am" at least 400 times(which I like). He lost his wallet one night and I bet he hunted that thing for hours.... (It was under his couch) :)
He lives close to Huntsville and his parents live close to High Point. He left his parents one night real late and when he got to his house, he realized he had left his garage door opener at home. Sooooo he had to go allllllllll the way back.
I'd like to point out that I think his problem is that he has a girl on his mind and not what he needs to be doing. Just sayin'.
But- I should tell that he's not the only crazy one. Being the sweet sweet girl I am, I made fun of him for losing his mind. "You're gonna lock your car keys up one of these days". "Can't believe you keep doin stupid stuff like this".
And blah blah blah.

A few days after making fun- who locked her keys in her car? Jill did.
Who made fun of Jill? Ty did.

Lesson learned: don't make fun of your boyfriend. It'll bite you in the butt.


Lastly, Tuscaloosa. Ahhhh TTOWN! Future home of Kate Jillian Jimmerson.
I haven't been down there but I hear it's a mess. That breaks my heart because I absolutely love Tuscaloosa. Thankfully, my apartment complex wasn't touched during all the storms. YAY! I'm going down in a week or two to FINALLY go into my apartment and look around and measure and such. Later on I will share the way everything is going to look. We already have so much stuff bought and I can't wait to decorate and fix it up.

Top window is my bedroom window:)



Maybe the weeks ahead won't be so crazy and we can hit the beach and just RELAX.


Until then,
katejillian

No comments:

Post a Comment